Anything is possible. You can be told that you have a 90-percent chance or a 50-percent chance or a 1-percent chance, but you have to believe, and you have to FIGHT



Lance Armstrong

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Heart walk

The Intermountain Healing Hearts organization puts on a walk every year to spread awareness of CHD (which is congenital heart disease, we had a few that learned that today!)I was really wanting to go but thought with surgery we wouldn't make it so i had asked my family if they would try and go. Well turns out, i got to go! I'm so glad we did it, it was very tender. They did the walk, it was 1 mile, then they had a group picture, an angel ceremony where they let butterflies go for each fallen heart hero and then a drawing for prizes. The best was the butterflies. The families of the angels went up and said their childs name then let the butterflies go. One flew right over us and Libbi, i think it was an angel saying hi to her and wishing her luck :) Thanks to everyone who made it, i know it's hard, especially on Saturdays, to take time out of your schedules but it meant alot to me. Kurt and Koy didn't make it, they had soccer :( I wish they could've been there, it was neat. But for those of us that could go, it was worth the time.

Uncle Scott had an idea to take our picture in the shape of a heart. Cute!!


This was just part of the group!! Wow, lots of people!!


Just hangin out in the shade..


Aunt Linda, my mom, me and Aunt Julie all pushing Libbi!!


Some of us walkers..


Jerzi had to hitch a ride on Brock's shoulders.. She was "super tired" after 1/4 a mile!


Some more walkers.. we had a hard time staying together, you should have seen me running all over trying to get everyones pictures!! It was craziness!!




Starting with me and Libbi at the top, clockwise.. Libbi and me, Aunt Netso, Grammy Deana (my mom), Jana and Anna, Brock, Whitnie, Aubree, Jerzi at the point of the heart, Skylee, Allie, Aunt Linda, Tonnie, Uncle Scott, Aunt Julie. Sky's "friend" Chris was also there but he had to get to his football game so he missed this pic. He plays for Weber State :) :) hee hee..


We all wore our Libbi shirts. Our cute friend made us shirts to wear the day Lib has surgery, they say "mend my broken heart" with "Libbi" in the middle. I forgot to take a close up of Libbi wearing hers, i will do that soon! Some of them are a bit different saying "saving little hearts" with "Libbi" in the middle, but they are all so cute!! I will take close ups and get them on here for you to see. Silly me :/
What an awesome day!! Thank you to all those that put this on, can't wait til next year!!

7 comments:

Netso said...

What a rewarding day...the butterflies were a tearjerker. I wish so bad the zonettes could have been there, Next year for sure. I also noticed that little butterfly fly right over Libbi, could it have been one of her angel friends?? Im comforted to think that.
And ya, it was a mile not two....Chris!!

Unknown said...

It was incredible. I am so glad I went and I love the flutterbyes!!! They have always reminded me of my sweet mom but now they will remind me how lucky we are to have our little miracle in our lives!

Dennison Family said...

How amazing! I"m so glad you all did the walk! It is amazing to see all of those people walking, especially people that are there JUST FOR LIBBI!! I really like the butterfly idea! I will have to suggest it for our heart walk in Feb! I love it! Maybe next year we can come up! I would love to be up there!

Andrea Gunnell said...

Thank for you leaving a comment on my blog. I LOVE getting to know other "heart families." I just read through a little of your blog but I'll have to come back and read more when I've got more time. I'm so sorry the surgery got pushed back. The same thing happened to us before Kyson's Glenn and I know it was incredibly difficult for me. I'm so glad you got to go to this heart walk. That would be so awesome to attend!
Oh, and Libbi is adorable!

Melissa said...

I am so glad that you all enjoyed the walk, and that Libbi had so many wonderful people there to support her! I love all of your pictures!!

Melissa - Heart Walk Coordinator

Jamie said...

I will always remember that when I see a butterfly! I love the heart shirts... speaking of... where is my new Libbi bracelet?

Mrs. L said...

What a cool experience. I love the shirts.

This is Paul Cardell's CHD video. (I put it at the bottom of the blog, it fits best there..) It is shocking how many people, young and old are dealing with the same type of things we are. Take 9 minutes and watch, these are some of the cutest babies i've seen!! Libbi is about 6 and a half minutes into the video. (make sure you scroll down and pause my music playlist so you can hear his music, he is a pianist, it is very pretty!)

Paul Cardell CHD Video