9:45pm
We went over to see Libbi tonight and to feed her again and she ate really good! While we were there the cardiologist came by and talked to us for about 5 minutes. In that 5 minutes our whole lives may have changed. When that pda hole closes, which it could already be closed, her heart may be doing just fine and we could go home in a couple days! If it closes and her oxygen sats drop then they will give her medicine to re-open the hole and they will look at doing surgery. He went on to say that if we go home in a couple days (HOPEFULLY) they will send her home with an oxygen monitor (she will not be ON oxygen, its a machine to test her oxygen periodically) and then we will have regular check ups with a cardiologist (once a month??). He continued to say that he has a patient that is 8 years old with Ebsteins and a VSD that has never had surgery! He said she may possibly get through this with no surgery at all! We are very confused, excited and scared. We want to jump for joy and celebrate but we are scared because the higher our hopes get the harder the fall will be if things don't go as we wish. This whole journey has been a roller coaster but we're tired of the downs and want to go straight up from here. They will do another echo on Monday to see if that hole has closed so as for now we want NO news tomorrow because if things are good they won't see any change when the hole closes. We are aware that we are not out of the woods yet but we are still praying for our miracle baby girl!
2 months ago



11 comments:
Oh my heck!!! Keep bringing on the good news. I hope things keep going the way they are. She truly is a little miracle and she has melted all of our hearts!!
WOW! I am so hoping for a miracle but I agree I don't want to get my hopes up either! However they are up right now! I knew she was a "super girl" but I didn't realize just how "super" she really is!!!
Great News! Lets stay positive and keep praying for our miracle!!
Love you!
Yeah, I am so glad that all has gone Great! Libby is a true Miracle to our family. She is such a fighter, let's hope for blue skies from now on.
Love Ann
Rollercoaster... Wow that is so great to hear. I knew she could do it. What a difference a day makes go Libbi!!!
This is from Aubree.
I'm happy Libbi is here.
Yea! Love Aubree
This is from Jerzi.
I love her! And I love my strawberry jammies! I'm wearing them right now! ha ha ha giggle giggle giggle laugh laugh laugh!
We better get in bed or Grammy is going to be in trouble!
Night!
WOW!!!! I'm speechless!!! The power of prayer is amazing.
Yay! is right. Keep the good news coming. I am so happy you have had such a good day. Thanks for sharing the news and the pictures. She is absolutely darling! You continue to be in our hearts and our prayers.
She is so beautiful. I hope you hear nothing.. (well not really but you know what I mean)Go Libbi Go!!
we also are so excited to hear this news..we are truely blessed and are being watched over. there is a purpose for her here, thats for sure...we love you all grandma and grandpa dixon
What a wonderful possibility! We will cross our fingers for you guys!
Post a Comment