Anything is possible. You can be told that you have a 90-percent chance or a 50-percent chance or a 1-percent chance, but you have to believe, and you have to FIGHT



Lance Armstrong

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Night at U of U







We had the opportunity of spending the evening at the hospital. Ok 'oppurtunity' is not the right word. Anyway, I was contracting all day yesterday and the Dr. felt I should get down to the hospital. We got there about 6 pm and i was a 3. They monitered me for a while then checked me into a room. They felt in necessary to give me the medicine to stop the labor due to Libbis size. She was only measuring 5 lbs 4 oz on their 'on call' machine. The big accurate million dollar machine apparantly has weekends off!! I hope it was enjoying his break! Seriously, that's what they told us, that we couldn't be 'sure' of her size because that machine wasn't to be used on weekends? What?!?! Anyway, the contractions stopped about 4 am and I was a 4. They weren't sure they wanted to send me home being a 4 but after laying there for 5 more hours with no pains at all, they let me come home. So i am a 4 and on modified bed rest and also i am still taking the medication to stop labor every 6 hours. We hope for the best! We want Libbi to be big enough for surgery (she was 100 grams too little by their calculations) so we are hoping to make it another week. I was so not impressed with that hospital and I am not looking forward to going back. I bet I saw 15 different doctors and nurses in the 14 hours i was there. Never the same face twice. The 'real' doctors were all off cause it was the weekend. If one more person said 'doctors need time off too you know?' i was going to take them down!! AHH! It was a very annoying night, we went from 'o ya you'll for sure be staying and having her tonight' to 'i think you'll probally go home' to actually being a 5 then back to a 4! I didn't know that could happen but it did! That's what you get when you're being checked by a different person EVERY time! I'm glad to be home, and I hope they get it together down there before we go back!! Sorry i'm a bit grumpy, i need sleep! We were so thrilled that our whole family came down to support us even knowing that we may not be staying. They are all so wonderful, they were there until about 3:30am. We love them so much!! They are the best, look how tired they all are! Good day!!



8 comments:

Mrs. L said...

I'm so thankful for this blog so I know what's going on. Come on keep that baby in! We're rooting and praying for you.

Sunnee said...

It was quite the night I must say!! But I am here for you no matter what all those 15 Docs have to say!!(LOL) I totally feel well prepared now for when Little Miss decides it's really time...I Love you guys so much see ya soon...

stanger5 said...

What a night! We are all cheering for you. Hang on for just one more week little Libbi! We love ya and keep us posted.

Netso said...

So Little Miss Libbi just wanted to give the family a trial run!!! We will be so more prepared next time!!! I've never gotten home from St. george so quick. The Lord truly blessed us that we didn't crash going 100 miles per hour and No One had to go to potty breaks! We are truly Blessed. See you in two weeks little lib!!

Unknown said...

Hang in there. She knows everyone is routing for her and just wants to meet you! The medication really works. I took it two pregancys and as soon as I stopped taking it, I was in labor! Keep us posted. Love you, Trudi

Becky said...

What a crazy day and night! Hope all is well. Let us help this week so you can take it easy!!

Unknown said...

Little Libbi will be here soon enough. Who needs sleep anyway at a time like this? You know I am always here for you and I am hoping the bed rest helps her grow if even just a little! We love you Libbi and even though we keep saying we can't wait to meet you we really can! Stay where you are for as long as you need to be until you are strong enough for this big wonderful world! How neat to have such a HUGE supportive family! We are all truly blessed!

Kristen said...

What a load of crap! Doctors don't get weekends off! Yeah, they all have those little beepers and cell phones and what not, it's called paging the guy. I would totally be ticked off. So, I got to admit, I'm a little grumpy that you get to go before me. I know, I know-TOTALLY SELFISH, but seriously, I'm jealous. You were supposed to go a whole week after me when we started this together. You just keep that baby in for as long as you can so that I don't have to long to stay jealous. Still love me please and good luck.

This is Paul Cardell's CHD video. (I put it at the bottom of the blog, it fits best there..) It is shocking how many people, young and old are dealing with the same type of things we are. Take 9 minutes and watch, these are some of the cutest babies i've seen!! Libbi is about 6 and a half minutes into the video. (make sure you scroll down and pause my music playlist so you can hear his music, he is a pianist, it is very pretty!)

Paul Cardell CHD Video