Anything is possible. You can be told that you have a 90-percent chance or a 50-percent chance or a 1-percent chance, but you have to believe, and you have to FIGHT



Lance Armstrong

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A day with the Doctors.

Today was a long long day but a good day! Dr. Menon was not there and apparantly he is not actually 'our doctor' so we met with Dr. Pinto who we really liked! She said everything is looking the same as our last visit and that the 'temporary' surgery is still looking like what they will do at first. She also said that it isn't actually an 'open heart surgery' they just go in from the side so that was good! She said Libbi should really only be there for 3 weeks or so, which we know is just a guess but she acted optimistic. They still cannot say for sure what will happen until she gets here but looking at everything, we feel it looks good!! She said this is a rare case and it will be a day by day thing to determine her treatment, but that it is not likely that her heart will fail! She should be just fine! We felt really good leaving there!!

We then went to Dr. Andrus again and as you know I have been having some pains, well they have actually been labor pains but very minor. They hooked us up to the monitor and did a non stress test where Libbi looked great! My uterus was showing some signs of contractions but not very many. I am dialated to just a 1 with some thinning happening. Her head is down and in position to come! They felt like i will be ok and probably make it until the 24th still. He said as long and the pains don't get worse and more consistent then not to worry about them. If they do get worse then I have his number and I can call and get checked before heading down to the U.

The funniest part of the day is at the U there was a big sign hanging above the nursery that said 'Welcome baby Utes' Kurt was very un happy! The big cups they give you, you know the ones at Ogden Regional that are green.. Well there's are red with a big 'U' on them! We need to find Kurt a BYU mug so he can have a drink because I can guarantee you he'll go thirsty before he uses a Ute cup!! Today we feel very excited to meet our Libbi. Our fears are minimized today, I hope we are not being naive. The one bad thing is that they said RSV will not be over til April which means the kids won't get to meet her until she comes home probably. That will be hard on them but we'll take pictures and video of her! It's getting close, we can't wait!!

10 comments:

Mrs. L said...

Sounds really great. Funny about the Ute stuff. We'll find Kurt some good stuff to make him feel better. I'm glad you are both feeling good about things and that you have the best docs to take care of you. I can't believe it's so soon.

kdance10 said...

I'm excited for you guys. I remember how bad you just want to be done being pregers when your this far along. I hope all goes well as planned. I think it's so funny about the U mugs dustin is the exact same way about BYU. I can't wait to see pictures of babay libbi. Keep the posts coming

Montay said...

What a great day for you guys I am more excited than ever!!! Libbi you are full of suprises we can't wait to see you!! Love the spuds

Unknown said...

Oh come on Kurt! What's wrong with the Utes? Didn't they beat the cougars last year?? Jk :) I am so excited to see little redheaded Libbi! I think Jerzi knows what she is talking about by calling her "strawberry"! I am sure the kids will keep busy enough they might not notice how long until they get to see her. You have so much support and people who are willing to help. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with the love everyone has for your darling little family. Much deserved I'm sure! Stay strong little libbi and we will meet soon!

Netso said...

I'm am completed calm now, Knowing that UTE fans are caring for you and Libbi!! Everything will be fine as long as the UTES are in charge, have you seen their recent successes? But seriously, I'm soo happy you got a good report. I'm telling you that little girl has a a little fight in her... or should i say a lot! Just please, please, please don't have her while we are away this weekend. Lay still until we get home. Love you and little Miss libbi :)

A 'n D said...

time has flown for your little angel girl! i'm glad you got thru your labor pains well enough - and i hope they don't come back until the 24th!
we're big on the blue & white at our house, too! still...it's wonderful you'll be at such a fabulous hospital, even if RED is all over the place!
stay positive, you're doing so great!
oh, and we're staying in until MAY ourselves, with RSV & other junk being what it is! pictures & videos will go a long way!

stanger5 said...

Oh, I am so glad all went well. We are all so excited to see her and meet her. I can't believe you are almost done. It went by so fast! She is going to be great. She is so amazing. We love you!!

Jen said...

Wishing you the best of luck!

Unknown said...

Is anyone else with me on Why in the he@% is Mindi worrying about how we are going to get to the U?? What a funny, detailed, and organized daughter I have!! I love her more than I can ever explain and I can't wait for Libbi to meet her chosen family. Thank you for letting me be a part of it!!

Dennison Family said...

I'm so glad the Dr was optimistic!! It makes you feel so much better when you aren't coming out of check-ups with bad news!! I hated that! Tell Kurt I could send up an ASU cup if he needs it. Sorry, no BYU here! :) You sound like you are in GREAT hands!!! I hope I can come up!

This is Paul Cardell's CHD video. (I put it at the bottom of the blog, it fits best there..) It is shocking how many people, young and old are dealing with the same type of things we are. Take 9 minutes and watch, these are some of the cutest babies i've seen!! Libbi is about 6 and a half minutes into the video. (make sure you scroll down and pause my music playlist so you can hear his music, he is a pianist, it is very pretty!)

Paul Cardell CHD Video