Anything is possible. You can be told that you have a 90-percent chance or a 50-percent chance or a 1-percent chance, but you have to believe, and you have to FIGHT



Lance Armstrong

Thursday, April 9, 2009

One whole month!!

We've been waiting for a call from Dr. Menon to let us know when we needed to follow up with him and today he called. I was a little nervous to answer because you never know where the ride will take us but luckily today we went up!! He said that after talking about Libbi with the other doctors and surgeons, they all felt like a check up in a month would be fine. ONE WHOLE MONTH until another check up! I can't tell you how great that felt! To know that she is good for a whole month with no check up tells me she is doing very well. I am so excited to get to live a somewhat normal life for a month! We still need to stay in and away from germs because if she were to get sick our month would be shortened. She got the RSV vaccine shot yesterday so that makes us feel a little better but the season is not over yet! We will be tag teaming this weekend so one of us can stay home with her and one of us can take the kids to do the fun Easter stuff! I'm so glad I have Kurt by my side, he is such a good husband and dad. I actually slept ALL night last night, that's right, from 10:00 pm to 7:00 am! Libbi only got up once at 3 and Kurt got up with her. Tonight is his night to sleep all night, i just hope she only gets up once for me! If not I won't mind snuggling with her all night long, she is so precious!! I will keep the updates coming and for one month they should just be normal baby stuff!! YAY!!!

5 comments:

Netso said...

yahoooo!!!!!! You go girl!!!

Emily and company said...

I am so glad she is doing well. She is adorable, just like your other kids.

Unknown said...

WOHOO!!! One whole month with 0 doctors poking and proding her! Snuggle, snuggle, snuggle that's all I would be doing if it were me! She is our little miracle and she is adorable! Keep up the good work Kurt and Mindi!

Love, Grammy

Heidi Ann said...

I knew Libbi was a good girl! That's huge, such great news! You'll be "normal"!

kdance10 said...

that's great. hopefully the weather will just get better and stay that way. I will stop by sometime but ill give ya a call first

This is Paul Cardell's CHD video. (I put it at the bottom of the blog, it fits best there..) It is shocking how many people, young and old are dealing with the same type of things we are. Take 9 minutes and watch, these are some of the cutest babies i've seen!! Libbi is about 6 and a half minutes into the video. (make sure you scroll down and pause my music playlist so you can hear his music, he is a pianist, it is very pretty!)

Paul Cardell CHD Video