Anything is possible. You can be told that you have a 90-percent chance or a 50-percent chance or a 1-percent chance, but you have to believe, and you have to FIGHT



Lance Armstrong

Monday, April 6, 2009

Libbi, our example

We went today for Libbi's heart cath, where they go into her veins in her thighs to test her pressures. She did amazing! I can't believe this little girl is so strong! I got to thinking this weekend about her and that she chose to come to this family and I'm sure she knew what she would have to endure, but yet she still wanted to come to this life. She has already been through so much in her short little life, I admire her strength. Today as i watched her come out of her anthesia i sat in awe. She had just gone through surgery and i'm sure was in alot of pain. She had a breathing tube that had been removed but her little cry was so raspy and you could tell it hurt. But yet she lay there just looking around at the world, barely even crying. I thought to myself, if anyone thinks they can't do it anymore, just think of this little girl who keeps on doing it! She keeps on trying and keeps on succeding! She keeps beating odds, she keeps striving to live. Every time she goes through something the nurses say she is amazing! "She's doing miraculous" is what they say. And I agree. She is miraculous!! As for tonight, she has bandages on both her thighs and she is hurting. Her cry breaks my heart. Her little eyes look as if she's been in a boxing match. Her other hand now bruised from her IV. But here she is, at home again. She is my example to keep on fighting and to strive to be the best I can be! I love her so much! They found today that she DOES NOT need the banding surgery after all! We are back to waiting as long as we can for the Glen. Hopefully 4-8 months. And now I am not even scared. I've seen this girl fight and fight and win and win and I know that she will do 'miraculous' when the time comes to have her surgery. I don't even doubt her anymore. She is "supergirl" without a doubt!!!!!!

Her poor little eyes. She looks like she's been hangin with Rocky!
ok really.. when Jerzi had her tonsils out we had the same problem, doesn't anybody think a GIRL deserves a pink gown??








14 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh she looks like a princess in a prince nightgown. I don't think she even resembles a boy even though they keep trying to make her look like one! I know she is "supergirl". She has been since the beginning. She chose this family because she knew no matter what she would always be loved. Kurt and Mindi you are amazing parents and I am so proud!

Love Grammy

Becky said...

Glad everything went well today!

Jamie said...

Wow, she is amazing! I'll think twice before I ever whine about pain again! I'm glad she is doing so good, and I can't wait to see the cutie! We need to get her and her boyfriend together... :)

Netso said...

Oh My little Libbi lou, What a sweet little spirit you are... I'm so proud of you, you are quite the little fighter!! Rocky would be proud!!! I love you little bug :)

Montay said...

Way to go Libbi Girl! You are so strong!!! We love you lots.

Jana said...

Mindi and Kurt you are such awesome parents!! I can't believe how strong little Libbi is!! We love her soooo much and she has touched us all. She has been an example to us about what the purpose of our journey to life really is. I am so glad that we could be a part of her blessing yesterday, it was truly AMAZING!! Kurt's blessing was priceless something we will all remember. Thanks for letting us be a part of this special little MIRACLE.

Carolyn L. said...

Thanks for continuing to share your story. Libbi is touching a lot of hearts. Glad you are all home together tonight!

kdance10 said...

I'm so glad to hear everything went well. Megan has to have that same thing done and i'm so glad to hear she did so good. Mindi she is so dang beautiful. I still have something for libbi i just wanted to wait til things calmed down and so let me know when i can drop it by.
I also noticed that my cousin had left you a comment about doing a free photo shoot i know you just did some pictures but he is amazing he has taken pictures of some famous people . Just something to think about:)

Dennison Family said...

GO LIBBI!!! I'm so glad she did so well today!! Even looking like a boxer, she still looks like a princess!! I loved meeting her and holding her. What a sweet and strong girly you have there, and what GREAT news! I am SO happy for you!!

Anonymous said...

Kurt and Mindi, you are amazing just like your little girl... These challenges sure humble us and make our testimonies grow don't they? Libbi is always in our prayers! Love, The Bybee's

Josh and Sarah Coe said...

I'm so glad everything went well. She IS a supergirl!...I don't know when you put that poem up on the side bar, but I was just in tears reading it!

Anonymous said...

THE MIRACLE KEEPS ROLLING ON...
Libbi knew where to come to get the care she needed, between Mindis loving care and Kurts strength, all is well. The blessing was awsome and just what we all wanted to hear and know, great job Kurt. love grandpa and grandma dixon

Allison said...

Great news! So glad that you can avoid a surgery for a little while longer. Good to see you guys today! Enjoy being home!

Andrea said...

I still wear my bracelet to remind me of what a blessing our family received when she came into our lives. We all have been touched by her sweet spirit. Glad her surgery went well. And I agree about the gowns. Tell Libbi, I will make her some pink ones, for the next surgery.
I promise
Love
Andrea

This is Paul Cardell's CHD video. (I put it at the bottom of the blog, it fits best there..) It is shocking how many people, young and old are dealing with the same type of things we are. Take 9 minutes and watch, these are some of the cutest babies i've seen!! Libbi is about 6 and a half minutes into the video. (make sure you scroll down and pause my music playlist so you can hear his music, he is a pianist, it is very pretty!)

Paul Cardell CHD Video