Anything is possible. You can be told that you have a 90-percent chance or a 50-percent chance or a 1-percent chance, but you have to believe, and you have to FIGHT



Lance Armstrong

Friday, June 19, 2009

Another pass!

Today we went to Dr. Rose and Libbi is still lookin good. Her O2 sats were 88-91% with her heart rate at 145. She weighed 10 lbs 11 oz which is exactly 25 ounces in 25 days from the last appointment with Dr. Rose. (we go by that since it's the same scale) That is so good, an ounce a day! She had 2 more shots, just vaccinations, and a heel prick for another test. (hematocrit) It was a bit high at 45% and Dr. Rose actually wanted me to take her to the lab and have it done again in her arm but when I talked with Dr. Menon he said it was ok to not have it re-done, he wasn't worried. It was high but normal for her condition. I'm glad we dodged a needle in her arm! These doctors are taking such good care of her, not missing a beat! It's tiring going every 2 weeks but I wouldn't have it any other way, they are awesome!! We are happy to get another 2 week pass for the summer! Each time we go i get really nervous knowing the time is bound to come but then when we leave with good report i am super happy! Go Libbi Go!!

10 comments:

kdance10 said...

Great news! Go libbi:)

Netso said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Netso said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dennison Family said...

That is excellent! Way to go on the weight gain! She is doing great!! I'm so happy!!

Unknown said...

GO SUPERGIRL LIBBI LOU LOU!! I feel like I can breathe for 2 more weeks! What a little miracle she is!

Heidi said...

I'm so glad to read another good report! Yeah Libbi!!!

A 'n D said...

yay for libbi!!!
arm sticks are so hard with babies! i don't look forward to the next one we have to do myself - so i'm glad you missed it this go around!
glad she's eating & growing so well!
oh! we have a near-jerzi clone in our neighborhood! same age & everything! i'll have to send you a pic!

Netso said...

Good job little Libster...You are amazing!!! I love you :)

Jana said...

GO SUPERGIRL!!

Heidi Ann said...

Thank you thank you for your generosity!! Really, I appreciate it more than I can say! I hope to see you and Libbi in July, please tell me you're in town! I'm glad she's getting good reports. Such the princess! She looks JUST like her daddy, so darling!

This is Paul Cardell's CHD video. (I put it at the bottom of the blog, it fits best there..) It is shocking how many people, young and old are dealing with the same type of things we are. Take 9 minutes and watch, these are some of the cutest babies i've seen!! Libbi is about 6 and a half minutes into the video. (make sure you scroll down and pause my music playlist so you can hear his music, he is a pianist, it is very pretty!)

Paul Cardell CHD Video