I have been thinking alot lately about how many little blessings have played into this situation with Libbi. The most recent one I have thought about is the fact that Kurt just graduated from school in December, one week before we found out anything was wrong. I was thinking that if he was still in school, i'm sure he would be quitting. I need him home more than ever at nights, and i'm sure the stress would've been to much for him to handle.
2nd, we picked up this supplemental insurance BEFORE i even got pregnant, because our maternity deductable was $5000. We just found out that the policy changed and our deductable is actually only $500! We would've NEVER got this supplemental stuff if we had known that is was only $500 but now that we have it, it will help tremendously with the hospital bill for Libbi. It is interesting how things work out.
Some other blessings.. My kids pediatrician is already a pediatric cardiologist, and the only one in northern Utah. I love him and he will be a huge help when Libbi arrives and as she grows! He doesn't accept new patients, so we are so lucky we already have him!
The Dr. at Primarys came from the Mayo Clinic, which is world known for treating Ebsteins, and has only been there 5 months. If this were to happen a few months ago, he would not be there and if it were to happen a few months later, he would not be taking new patients. It took me a while longer than we wanted to get pregnant, which was frustrating. I think this is why, so we could have this great doctor. The timing is perfect!
My good friend works at Primarys in the NICU. She will not be able to be Libbi's nurse, but she will make sure she is well taken care of. That will be nice!!
We've mentioned in earlier posts that the hole in her heart is actually what's keeping her going so strong. When Kurt gave me the first couple blessings, before we knew everything, he said he wanted so bad to say that her heart would be made whole but couldn't. If her heart would've been made 'whole' that hole would've closed off and things would've been much worse. That hole is our greatest blessing right now and we hope it stays open until birth. I can't tell you how much we have been blessed in little ways.
We have had so many people bring over treats, books, flowers, send cards, and much much more. We are truly loved and thought about. Our ward even did a special fast for Libbi yesterday, and i'm sure many others fasted as well that we don't even know about. We appreciate everyone's support and love. Thanks again!! Tomorrow is our check up with Dr. Menon at Primarys so stay tuned.. Love you all!!
2 months ago



7 comments:
It's amazing how in tough times, we are sent little blessings to help us get through them! I'm jealous about your new deductible with your insurance!!! And you were so worried about it changing for the worst!
You are truly blessed. But you and Kurt are such good people and you deserve every one of these blessings and much more! Lets hope for the best tomorrow!! Love you!
I hope everything goes well tomorrow for you.
You guys deserve all the blessings you get. You amaze me with your whole outlook on everything! I don't know that I could be that strong...thank you for your wonderful example...and for sharing your journey with all the rest of us!
Tanya
Libbi,
Well today is your appointment and I'm praying that you are staying strong. When I see your mom I know you are growing, but it's hard to tell what you are doing inside. I'll be thinking of you today,as always, and we be sitting by the phone waiting for your mom's call. Good luck today. I love you, Aunt Netso
That is really amazing Mindi. It is so obvious this sweet baby is being watched over. I hope everything goes well with the appt. today. I'll be thinking of you guys.
I'm glad to hear things are looking a bit better. It's never easy when life throws you a curve. There aren't books or instructions on how to react or behave or even feel. My sister in law (Gayle Rizley) works in the NICU at PCMC. I've told her you'll be down there later March early April. Love you, Aunt Trudi
Post a Comment