Anything is possible. You can be told that you have a 90-percent chance or a 50-percent chance or a 1-percent chance, but you have to believe, and you have to FIGHT



Lance Armstrong

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Over-Nighter

Tonight Libbi is spending the night at the hospital, Mckay Dee not PC. She has had a flu bug since Tuesday night and today i finally felt i should call. She was dry heaving, i felt that was enough. They got me right in, and Dr. Rose said she needed to be admitted, worrying about her blood thickening and creating a blood clot in her shunt. He wasn't even concerned about dehydration at that point but luckily he admitted her because she was way dehydrated. Also, her blood sugar was extremely low. So tonight she is with her dad and i am home with the other kids. I need my sleep to be strong for her tomorrow. I thank Kurt for staying with her :) I hope this is a one night stay. And after this, we will be EXTREMLY cautious about germs and sicknesses. RSV sister and hospital stay in the same month is enough to scare me half to death :)
On a side note, Tuesday night when she threw up, we slept right through it. We didn't even know until morning. Then she threw up in the car while i was driving.. had no idea til we got home. She didn't make a peep. She is a funny girl. Very tough.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Darn it! Get better soon Libi! Your are absolutely adorable and I love all the new pics. We'll be thinking about you and hoping that you get feeling better soon. Hang in there.
Mindi, holler if you need anything. And keep us posted. Hopefully it's only overnight.
Good night.

Michelle said...

Shoot! I spelled her name wrong. I'm sorry.

Jana said...

I think you are smart to sleep at home!! I am so sorry you have to be dealing with this, the hospital is not fun. Let's hope it's just s short stay!!

Mrs. L said...

Poor girl. I hope she's feeling better! That picture above is fantastic. I love it!

This is Paul Cardell's CHD video. (I put it at the bottom of the blog, it fits best there..) It is shocking how many people, young and old are dealing with the same type of things we are. Take 9 minutes and watch, these are some of the cutest babies i've seen!! Libbi is about 6 and a half minutes into the video. (make sure you scroll down and pause my music playlist so you can hear his music, he is a pianist, it is very pretty!)

Paul Cardell CHD Video