Anything is possible. You can be told that you have a 90-percent chance or a 50-percent chance or a 1-percent chance, but you have to believe, and you have to FIGHT
Lance Armstrong
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Just like dad
I went in our room last night to see how Libbi was eating and this is what i found! It had seriously only been 5 minutes! Looks like Libbi is taking after her daddy!!
I just found your comment on our blog...hadn't read it yet. Thanks for the message.
Libbi is such a doll! I'm so glad she's doing well and hopefully will get some use out of that right ventricle...we were on the fence with Maddie for a while too with it (just a 1 1/2 repair) until her Glenn, then it was decided it was too small and her tricuspid valve was not functional enough because of the Ebstein's. So, she's down the 3 surgery route. I had very mixed feelings with it at first but have come to peace with it now. She's done so well, I think her heart likes it this way!
Let me know if you ever have any questions or just need someone to talk/vent to! No one else can understand like another heart mom.
This is Paul Cardell's CHD video. (I put it at the bottom of the blog, it fits best there..) It is shocking how many people, young and old are dealing with the same type of things we are. Take 9 minutes and watch, these are some of the cutest babies i've seen!! Libbi is about 6 and a half minutes into the video. (make sure you scroll down and pause my music playlist so you can hear his music, he is a pianist, it is very pretty!)
Paul Cardell CHD Video
Libbi and BFF Anna
Libbis condition
When I was about 23-24 weeks pregnant we were told our baby had some heart problems. After many days of waiting and a few doctor appointments later she was diagnosed with Ebsteins anomoly, HRHS and a vsd (a hole). Ebsteins is a very fatal defect but because of the hole in her heart her little heart is working well! She has been a miracle baby thus far, the doctors even say so! She was only in Primarys for 5 days after birth, we were told 2-3 weeks at least. She underwent her first surgery, the Glen, on September 25, 2009 and did amazing. She was in the PICU for 1 day and was sent home after just 4 days! Her 2 week post op appt showed MUCH improvement to her heart function. The surgery was a success! She has an appointment on Dec 10, 2011 to see how she is doing. It is likely she will have her next surgery, the Fontan, in the Spring. She will be 3 in March. We can't worry about the future, she has proved that miracles do happen :)
Dancing in the rain
"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but about learning to dance in the rain"
"Sometimes the pattern of life seems monotonous and discouraging. It is like climbing a mountain and after reaching the top, getting knocked back down to the bottom to climb it again; but I guess the fun is in the climbing and not the arriving!"-Marjorie Pay Hinckley
A quote
Lawrence E. Corbridge said, "Life is hard, but life is simple. Get on the path and never, ever give up. You never give up. You just keep on going. You don’t quit, and you will make it."
D&C 121:7-8
7: My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; 8: And then, if though endure it well, God shall exhalt thee on high; though shalt triumph over all thy foes.
Good words from a great woman
"The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache." — Marjorie Pay Hinckley
Perserverance
PERSERVERANCE- Our greatest glory lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
The perfect poem
"It's a beautiful day up in heaven. Jesus is rounding up his tiniest angels to go live on earth and be born. One of the sweetest angels says to Jesus "I don't want to leave. I like it here and I will miss you." He reassures the scared little angel that everything will be okay, and that he is just going for a visit. He is still not swayed. So Jesus kneels down, and says, "How about if you leave half of your heart here with me and take the other half with you, will that be okay?" The angel smiles and says, "I guess that will work." But the little angel is still scared. He asks,"Will I be okay with only half of my heart?" Jesus replies,"Of course you will, I have other angels there that will help out, and you will be fine." Then Jesus gives the angel more details about his plan. He says, "When you are born, your mommy and daddy will be scared, so you have to be strong, and when you feel weak just remember that I have the other half of your heart. Enjoy your time with your family; play and laugh everyday. And when it's time to come back to heaven, I will make your heart whole again. Always remember that you are not broken, just torn between two loves." Author Unknown
6 comments:
Haha! How cute! What a Daddy's girl!!
She looks like she has a little chub on her cheeks!! I love it.
I have so many pictures like that with my kids and their daddy too! I love it!!
I love this picture! I think Libbi is in good hands as long as her daddy is with her! Darling!
Love, Grammy
what a cute picture...Kurt takes after his dad...early to bed early to rise...love you all
grandma jolene
I just found your comment on our blog...hadn't read it yet. Thanks for the message.
Libbi is such a doll! I'm so glad she's doing well and hopefully will get some use out of that right ventricle...we were on the fence with Maddie for a while too with it (just a 1 1/2 repair) until her Glenn, then it was decided it was too small and her tricuspid valve was not functional enough because of the Ebstein's. So, she's down the 3 surgery route. I had very mixed feelings with it at first but have come to peace with it now. She's done so well, I think her heart likes it this way!
Let me know if you ever have any questions or just need someone to talk/vent to! No one else can understand like another heart mom.
Love,
Katie (Maddie's mom, HRHS)
http://allredbabygirl.blogspot.com
katieall@smwireless.net
Post a Comment