Ok this has been a long hard decision for me to make but i decided today that we are going to get rid of the bottle BEFORE the baby comes! I may regret it but for now that's the plan. I took Libbi shopping this morning and got her a Minnie Mouse doll, a book and some new jammies. We then came home and she helped as i cut the bottle nipples off and then she threw everything in the garbage. I then carried the sack outside saying 'bye bye babas' as she chased me screaming :) When i came back in i handed her the new minnie mouse doll, she threw it at me :) O boy what have i done! Well naptime came and after a few attempts of giving her a sippy, she threw those overboard everytime, she FINALLY fell asleep! Success!! She woke up and wanted a baba, Kurt gave her a sippy with milk and SHE TOOK IT! Bedtime came and i put her down, let her cry for 5 mintues, went in picked her up, rocked her a bit, put her back down and left. After 10 mintues i went back in, picked her up again, rocked her and told her i'd get her a sippy with milk if she wanted that. She said 'ya' so i got her a sippy, took it in, she laid down, and i haven't heard her yet! It can't be this easy.. i'm sure at 2am i will be wanting to drive to walmart to get a bottle. Wish us luck, and some overneeded rest! She has been up that last few nights sick. again. Monday night she threw up, ran a fever all day Tuesday, was doing ok yesterday but has a snot nose today. I really think she may have ear infections again. Probably from the bottle every night, this is half my reasoning for getting rid of it now!! Good night! (I HOPE!!)
All her 'bye bye baba' prizes!!
2 months ago




2 comments:
I am hoping something like that will work for my son...he is 2. Hope gave her bottle up months ago...she is the youngest of mine to give it up on her own. My oldest was almost 3 before he gave his up. I need your patience and perseverance.
Yeah, we still have the bottle and she's older than Libbi. You are a good woman. Hopefully it will continue. She's a cutie!
Post a Comment