Anything is possible. You can be told that you have a 90-percent chance or a 50-percent chance or a 1-percent chance, but you have to believe, and you have to FIGHT



Lance Armstrong

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Why?

I had some feelings to express, i am not a poet, but this one came out as somewhat of a poem? As i started writing, it just happened :)


Everyday day i think O my
i often asked God why?
I don't understand the
reason, i usually always cry.
I don't want a sick baby
My thoughts are filled with "maybe"
When times get tough
i blame and think, did i not do enough?

How is this fair?
What did I do to deserve this?

Then i stumble across a friend,
It's becoming quite a trend :)
That reminds me life isn't so bad,
there life is so much more sad
Families losing their babies,
or not, but still wondering "maybe"
Having to leave their families for a while
for a chance, a risk, but yet they still smile?
I stop to think about my little one,
about what she's overcome.
We've been so blessed with her,
it has tested my faith for sure.

How is this fair?
What did I do to deserve her?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw this is beautiful! totally gave me goosebumps :)

kdance10 said...

I love it mindi.

Unknown said...

How nice is this? You are a good mom and a great person! Just enjoy her and quit questioning why?

A 'n D said...

how talented are you?!

Becca said...

You are so talented!!! I love it! Perfect for a heart mom.

Dennison Family said...

Wow! That was very heart felt! Thank you for that. You are a poet!

Anonymous said...

these special babies need to go to someone who will take great care of them and will love them no matter what. Not everyone can do those jobs. Mindi and Kurt are such caring parents and their children come first. You and Kurt are just what Libbi NEEDS...love you all grandma jolene

Netso said...

It is not for us to ask why? but to simply believe. Just enjoy everyday, we all are here for a short time. No time for worries.

This is Paul Cardell's CHD video. (I put it at the bottom of the blog, it fits best there..) It is shocking how many people, young and old are dealing with the same type of things we are. Take 9 minutes and watch, these are some of the cutest babies i've seen!! Libbi is about 6 and a half minutes into the video. (make sure you scroll down and pause my music playlist so you can hear his music, he is a pianist, it is very pretty!)

Paul Cardell CHD Video