2 months ago
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Croup
Wasn't it just yesterday i posted how healthy Libbi has been? Well i spoke too soon. She has croup :( It is not that bad, i almost questioned the doctor when he said that. She seems fine in the day but last night had a really hard time breathing. She was a little blue around the eyes and was coughing like a seal. I called an on call doctor that told me to take her outside for a bit so at 1 am we were sitting on the porch wrapped in blankets. I'm sure if anyone drove by they would've thought i was CRAZY! I felt crazy! Anyway, it actually helped alot! We put the humidifier in her room and she went back to sleep til morning. I took her to Kids Care today and they gave her a steroid shot and a perscription for oral meds (prednisol) to take for 3 days then she should be better. Again, i have a hard time believing she's sick, she seems just fine today. Last night I was a little scared though. I guess with croup they will be fine in the day then at night have troubles. Interesting i thought. Also, something i didn't know, croup actually is a virus that effects the larynx, throat area, so it doesn't effect her lungs. That was good news! It can cause rsv or pnemonia if not treated though. These are all facts/opinions i've learned from the internet and 2 doctors i don't know. Wish us luck tonight :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is Paul Cardell's CHD video. (I put it at the bottom of the blog, it fits best there..) It is shocking how many people, young and old are dealing with the same type of things we are. Take 9 minutes and watch, these are some of the cutest babies i've seen!! Libbi is about 6 and a half minutes into the video. (make sure you scroll down and pause my music playlist so you can hear his music, he is a pianist, it is very pretty!)



5 comments:
Mindi, so my friends little boy had croup two days ago & now has rsv. Get that little angel better. Jace gets that's too it's no fun he just lays there, so sad.
Back to the bubble!!! She's a fighter though! Good Luck tonight!
So sad! I hope Libbi has a speedy recovery! I'm so sorry.. dang it! Hang in there and keep us posted..
Michelle (Madison's mom)
We've had croup this winter too! My oldest seems to get it each year but Maddie had it as well. Like you said, it's always worse at night- turning the shower on hot and sitting in the bathroom with closed doors seems to help too. I think the extreme change in temperature helps open them up. Good luck tonight!
York gets croup every winter. We spend time outside at 1 am too, so I totally know how you feel... in the middle of the night I would always worry that he would just stop breathing because it seemed so hard for him and then during the day they are totally fine... such a crazy illness!
Post a Comment