2 months ago
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Sleeping help??
Ok so lil miss Libbi has decided to wake up all hours of the night! She started sleeping through the night at about 3 weeks and did great up until surgery. Since then she has started waking up a little bit at night and now the last few nights have been horrible! She is up seriously ALL night! Kurt is such a trooper and gets up with her most the time but it still wakes me up so neither of us are sleeping. Any ideas?? With my others i would let them 'cry it out' but with Libbi i just can't do it, she sounds like she is hyperventalating when she cries too hard. I've been putting rice cereal in her bottle for a while now so that's not helping.. She may be teething, but i'm not seeing any signs other than the not sleeping... any other suggestions??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is Paul Cardell's CHD video. (I put it at the bottom of the blog, it fits best there..) It is shocking how many people, young and old are dealing with the same type of things we are. Take 9 minutes and watch, these are some of the cutest babies i've seen!! Libbi is about 6 and a half minutes into the video. (make sure you scroll down and pause my music playlist so you can hear his music, he is a pianist, it is very pretty!)



4 comments:
We have had the SAME problem since our last surgery. I suspect it is the change of pressures from the Glenn in addition to a long slow teething process. Our solution has been to stick some firm pillows under the crib mattress to elevate Grant's head, get a white noise machine playing constantly to give the illusion of noise, keep him up later and make him play harder during the day, and then just settle into the routine! you might try orajel just in case since it is seeming to help over here and then check her temp daily in case she is getting a bug of some kind. We have been dealing with this for 2 months now (Grant was sleeping through the night just before the Glenn after going through this routine a lot after our 2 months stay.)Grant will have several bad nights and then one decent night. It is exhausting, but it is finally starting to get a little better! Good luck!
Oh I am so sorry for Kurt! (ha ha) All I can suggest is let her take 1 nap during the early afternoon and then keep her awake until 9 or so. She isn't easy to deal with when she gets over tired though:( Good luck!
You know we had the same problem with megan after her surgery. I think it was from her just being used to being awake at night at the hospital cause she was alot from nurses coming in and out a lot through the night. The rice cereal helped us too. Good luck!
This goes opposite from what every one else is saying, but I notice with my kids that if they don't get good naps during the day, they become way overtired and it is that much harder for them to sleep sound at night. I just went through a readjustment with Cohen a couple weeks ago... sort of the same thing with Libbi (although she is probably worse because of her poor surgery), anyways when I got him back on his schedule and as soon as that darn tooth popped through he is back to his 12-13 hour perfect nights. I do think every baby is different though, so good luck!
Post a Comment