Anything is possible. You can be told that you have a 90-percent chance or a 50-percent chance or a 1-percent chance, but you have to believe, and you have to FIGHT



Lance Armstrong

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Appt with Dr. Menon

We saw Dr. Menon yesterday. I feel like i'm repeating myself alot but now you see how we feel :) He said the same thing we already knew, i felt like it was kind of a wasted trip but Kurt felt differently. He explained why they are doing the heart cath before the surgery, to make sure her pressures aren't too high for the Glen. Also to see if there is anything else that needs to be done while in surgery. This makes sense so they don't open her up and find more to do, this way they will see it all and have a plan. I feel better about that. Her o2 sats are still mid 80's which is good, meaning she is happy and not in any misery. When they get low i guess babies get uncomfortable and grumpy. I am grateful she will not get that way. It's looking like we will be doing surgery before her sats get that low. He said there is no reason to wait for them to drop, there has been no evidence suggesting they do better the longer you wait for the Glen, once they are 6 months just get it done i guess. I have mixed emotions about that but i'm putting my trust in the doctors. He also said give or take a few weeks so we can plan what is best for our schedule. We are thinking the 2nd or 3rd week in September. I want to get Koy settled in Kindergarten, he starts Aug 31, but then his birthday is Oct 21 so I want to be done and home for that! Also with Kurts work this is best. We will see, thanks for your support! Also, i got new bracelets, they are red this time (sorry boys, i know pink was in!) if you want to wear one let me know and i'll get you one!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I know you were hoping for "no surgery" but I think it was inevitable sooner or later. She will be fine cuz she is a Supergirl and a fighter! I love the new bracelets!!

kdance10 said...

Hey min yah it's no fun when they get low, megan's hands and feet would get purple:( I would love a bracelet or 2 how much?

Allison said...

You will sail through this cath and surgery will come and go sooner than you expect! We will see you guys when you are up here next week!

Dennison Family said...

I'm sorry that everything is so frustrating. Sometimes I just wish a miracle would happen and one day you would go in and everything would be perfect! Unfortunately, Heavenly Father has a greater plan for your amazing Libbi. I would love some bracelets! how much?? Let me know! Love you!
Thanks!

Hua said...

Hello Mindi,

Im so sorry things are frustrating. I am sending all my prayers to your baby.

I'm Hua, the director of Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network, a network of over 2,000 of the best health writers on the web (including doctors, nurses, healthy living professionals, and expert patients). I think your blog would be a great addition to the Network, and I'd like to invite you to learn more about it and apply to join at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger. Once approved by our Chief Medical Officer, your posts will be republished on Wellsphere where they will be available to over 5 million monthly visitors who come to the site looking for health information and support. There’s no cost and no extra work for you! The HealthBlogger page (http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger) provides details about participation, but if you have any questions please feel free to email me at hua@wellsphere.com.

Best,
Hua

Mindi D said...

If you'll wear the bracelets you can have them! I just don't want to pass them out if people don't really want to wear one, that's why i'm making you ask :)

Jana said...

I am sorry...I know the stress keeps getting worse and worse as this dreaded time is getting closer and closer!! I don't know how you do it, but you do!! And you will make it through this and soon it will be in the past. Just remember take it one procedure at time. Sometimes one day at a time, one hour, or one minute...Remember we are here and always willing to help with ANYTHING!! We love you all.

Ashley and Devan said...

Good luck with the heart cath this week. I didn't see you and Libby in R.S. today because I'm in nursery now. I've been keeping her in my prayers and will continue to do so. She is such a strong little girl.

This is Paul Cardell's CHD video. (I put it at the bottom of the blog, it fits best there..) It is shocking how many people, young and old are dealing with the same type of things we are. Take 9 minutes and watch, these are some of the cutest babies i've seen!! Libbi is about 6 and a half minutes into the video. (make sure you scroll down and pause my music playlist so you can hear his music, he is a pianist, it is very pretty!)

Paul Cardell CHD Video