Anything is possible. You can be told that you have a 90-percent chance or a 50-percent chance or a 1-percent chance, but you have to believe, and you have to FIGHT



Lance Armstrong

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Dads Thoughts...

Since finding out about Libbi's heart condition, I have never felt so helpless but at the same time felt like I have so much control. As a Dad, I have always felt like I can fix anything. If the kids broke one of their toys, bikes or anything else, I could go out in the garage and fix the problem. If their was any home improvements that needed to be done, I could do it. If Mindi had a question, I could answer it. If the kids were sick, I could help them get better. These kinds of things were easy and in some cases were a lot of fun for me. But after learning about Libbi's heart condition, I had no idea how to fix the problem. I knew that this problem was way out of my hands and that there was nothing I could do. I felt so helpless. Then, and this was huge for me, when we were meeting with the doctor from Primary Childrens and he was explaining Libbi's heart condition and how severe it was, I felt horrible. But then he explained that the big hole between the two ventricles was for now a good thing. That because of this hole, the left ventricle could pump for the right. As he was telling us this, my mind went directly back to two blessings that I had given Mindi previous to going to Primary Childerens. In each blessing I tried to say that Libbi's heart would be made whole and perfect, but I couldn't! The only impressions that I was given was that Libbi was a very special girl, that she was comming to our home for a special reason and that her heart defect was there and there was nothing I could do. BUT, that Heavenly Father was taking care of her. In both blessings I knew that Heavenly Father was in charge. Not me, not even the doctors but that Heavenly Father was. I know this may sound wierd but when the doctor was telling us about this huge hole, I again recieved the impression that this was the way that Heavenly Father was taking care of her and making sure that she would make it here. At this point, I felt in control again. Not that I could get some tools from the garage (or Brents Hardware)
to fix the problem but, that I had the Priesthood and that I could use it to bless Libbi. Other tools that I have to help Libbi's heart is prayer, fasting, faith, hope, and love. I cant believe how much Libbi has already blessed my life and I hope she has already blessed yours. I am so grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who knows me and my family personaly. I am grateful to have a great wife to share this challenge with. She is such a strong person! I love the gospel and am grateful for the savior and the gospel truths that I know. The Savior has truely lightened my burdens. Thanks to everyone who has been praying for us and Libbi. Please keep it up. We need it! I hope that because of Libbi, all of us will try to do a little better each day, that we will love stronger than ever before, that we will be more charitable and kind than we have ever been, that we will desire to be more faithful in living the gospel than we were last year and that again, because of Libbi,I hope each of us will grow closer to Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father. Thats how she has blessed my life so far.

8 comments:

Netso said...

January, 17th

Hello little Libbi, once again i found myself thinking of you today. Your mom walked into the blessing/ baptism today and she never looked more beautiful and i thought it is because she has you inside her. And later she had Anna asleep on her tummy and i thought for a minute it looked as if Anna was trying to hug you, her being so fresh from heaven must have been able to feel you. Keep fighting. We need you. We need you to stay strong... to teach us to stay strong. i love you, Aunt Netso

kdance10 said...

I love reading little libbi's blog. As it brings back some memories of what we went through. It also makes me remember just how precious life is. Little libbi is in our prayers.

Mrs. L said...

It's amazing how much one new little spirit can change so many people's lives.

Becky said...

Thanks Kurt for that. Once again I am amazed by you and Mindi. You both are such great examples of faith.

Sherice said...

It is unfortunate that it takes a trial such as this to put life back into perspective and help us all realize just how precious life is, and how much our Heavenly Father loves us. Libbi is such a wonderful blessing to us all. What a special little girl. I can't wait to meet her. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers. Love ya!

Montay said...

Kurt

It has been awhile but I want to tell you how much you mean to me and my family and your testimony has helped to remind me who is trully in "Control". You guys are amazing..

Libbi,

You have such a strong spirt! You are a choice child of our Heavenly Father and you have already began your lifes mission to bring so many people to Christ and help us all to be better. We love you so so very much and can not wait to meet you!
Love Aunt Montay

Netso said...

Good Morning little Libbi,
I'm up looking at the beautiful sky this morning and thinking of you. I hope you are well today, that Heavenly Father is with you and you are strong. Everyday I watch you grow in your mom's tummy. You get bigger ever time I see her and that gives me so much hope. We knew you were special from the very beginning your mom say it too, this pregnancy was so different than your brothers or sisters. You are unique. You are you. and we love you. Stay Strong. Love, Aunt Netso

Unknown said...

Anyone who struggles believing in heaven hasn't met my son-in-law! What a truly remarkable person you are. Thank you for finding my daughter and giving me these 3 special grandbabies. I couldn't have asked for anything more for my beautiful daughter.

Thank You!

This is Paul Cardell's CHD video. (I put it at the bottom of the blog, it fits best there..) It is shocking how many people, young and old are dealing with the same type of things we are. Take 9 minutes and watch, these are some of the cutest babies i've seen!! Libbi is about 6 and a half minutes into the video. (make sure you scroll down and pause my music playlist so you can hear his music, he is a pianist, it is very pretty!)

Paul Cardell CHD Video