Today we went and saw Dr. Bierer, OB, and Libbi is doing very well!! She is growing big, measuring 29 weeks and 5 days. She is a whole week ahead as far as size which is great!! She weighs 3 pounds! Her heart is still functioning well and he says everything looks good. What a relief! I can feel her move everyday but it's still nice to go and actually see her heart and have some reassurance! We will be going every 2 weeks for the next 6 or 7 weeks then every week, maybe twice a week after we get to 36 weeks. I am still going to go see Dr. Bierer even though he cannot deliver down at the University of Utah (I'm not sure I mentioned that before, but i will deliver down there) He will keep in touch with the Dr. who will deliver Libbi. I was a little nervous about the end because I've had both kids at 37+ weeks without really 'going into labor' I have back labor which is a little hard to determine when i'm having contractions. I was nervous about going down to the U every other day and being sent home, but also nervous about waiting to long and having to deliver here in Ogden, which would then mean having Libbi being life flighted to primarys. He was confident that we will not have a problem, he said if I need to go in every day starting at 37 weeks then that's what we will do. And if she looks like she is getting close to coming, i'll head down and get things going. He says having her at 37 weeks would be just fine, she would be big enough to handle the surgery. I really like both our doctors, they are working together and talking often. That makes me feel confident that things are being taken care of. Dr. Bierer told us what a great guy Dr. Menon is, and that we are lucky to have him. That makes us feel good! We asked Dr. Bierer how many cases he has seen like this and he said only 2 in his career, which then Kurt asked the dreaded question, 'did those 2 babies make it?' He said one was in the early 90's and that baby did not, but the other one was in the late 90's and made it through all 3 surgeries. He said the technology even 10 years later has way advanced and was confident little Libbi will do just fine, again mentioning that the hole in the wall is what's keeping her going. It's amazing how this has all played out, we are way lucky!
Again, we appreciate everyones concern, we are still holding up ok. I feel like Koy is smart enough that he has figured out something is not right around here so please keep him and Jerzi in your prayers also. They are good kids but are being a little bit 'off' lately. We haven't actually told them anything because they wouldn't understand but i'm sure they can sense that something is not quite right. They love to feel my tummy and talk to Libbi. Well, actually Jerzi thinks her name is strawberry shortcake, but she talks to her and loves to feel her kick. Koy is so sweet to her, he will be the biggest helper I know it! We love you all! Thanks!!
Next appts..
Feb 3 Dr. Monan
Feb 13 Dr. Bierer
28 weeks 3 days
2 months ago



12 comments:
great news! I've heard that girl babies are stronger than boy babies (yeah, we all know that). Chelsea was born at 32 wks and look at her now. I have no doubt little Libbi will be a strong little girl also. Just look at all her relatives!
Libbi!!! I'm so happy to hear that you are rapidly growing( It could be that your mom eats at the PVG EVERYDAY!!) and your heart is staying strong! You did just as we needed you to do, Such a obedient child already!! keep it up. We are praying, cheering, pulling, and everything else for you. Stay strong. I love you, Aunt Netso
Sounds like Little libbi is doing great! Mindi you are so strong and such a great mother!! There is a quote by President Hinkley that goes something like...
"When doubts arise, when tragedies strike, the quiet voice of faith is heard in the stillness of the night as certain and reassuring as the polar star in the hevens above."
Hevenly Father knows each one of us as individuals and he knows you and your family. He sees the big picture. Stay strong and know that he is watching over Libbi, Koy and Jerzi.
We will continue to pray for you each day we love you guys so much.
The Idaho Dixon's
I'm glad to hear positive news. It really is amazing the things they can do these days. I'm glad there are such good doctors close by here.
I am excited to hear a positive update..thanks goodness for your blog. You guys are such a wonderful example to everyone. This sweet little baby is so lucky to have such a strong loving family. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers!
oh mindy im so sorry we will keep your family in our prayers, if you ever need anyting let me know, your kids can come over and play anytimeeven they have no clue who I am ,LOL, but they really can, my cell is 7269524, you really can call. im glad shes staying strong.
I am glad to hear positive news. Dr. Bierer is my OB too. He is great!! Libbi is so lucky to have both of you for parents!! ;)
Hi Libbi!
Grammy is a little slow due to some email issues but I am here for you now and always have been. I am so glad to hear you are growing (I agree with Netso you have PVG and your mom to thank for that). I can't wait to meet you but I feel like I already know you! I can only hope that you love me half as much as Jerzi!! I'm sure you will since I do tend to favor my girls! Stay strong and we will meet soon! Keep kicking your mom for me! Love you Lots, Grammy
Wow, Mindi and Kurt! The strength in your words are so powerful! It is amazing how strong these little babies are when they are just so new, but it is so very true! My twins were born just a day shy of 35 weeks and were in the NICU for 11 days. Luckily, they had no life threatening conditions, however living in the NICU for all that time, I saw other babies struggling, heard of other babies barely clinging, but I believe that since they are the closest thing to heaven helps them to be such strong little cuties! I wish the best to you both and little Libbi. I will keep you in my prayers!
I have read back on yours and Kurts comments and you are a really amazing family! You have been in my thoughts constantly! You will be very blessed to have such a strong, special spirit come into your home!
Sweeet Little Libbi
I have been thinking alot about you this morning, as I watch the tiny little snowflakes fall to the ground. Each one perfect yet they are all diffrent. Even though they are tiny, together they make a big impact. That is how I think of you. So tiny but you have made such a big impact on our family. Stay strong and grow big. We love you and your family so much.
Love Aunt Montay
Post a Comment