I haven't posted an update in a looooonnng while!! Today is March 7. Tomorrow is March 8, and we are going to a Dr appt with Dr Menon at 11am. At this appt we will schedule a cath and the Fontan. My emotions are running EXTREMELY high this week! Last week Libbi caught metanpumia virus, which acts like RSV and was hospitalized for 2 nights. I'll post details and pics of that next. The Dr says we will schedule Fontan according to schedules at this point. Basically, she is ready, but not in desperate need, so we can choose. Well as i've thought about it, i choose NEVER! I will let you know what is decided :)
Her funny Libbi-ism of today is this...
I asked her to put her sippy in the sink please. She says No. You do it.
I said "you're a brat!"
She says very calmly and matter of factly "no i not, i Yibbi, a punkin"
2 months ago




1 comment:
Good luck to you all at your appt tomorrow! What a great thing that Libbi doesn't "need" the Fontan emergently and that you can choose what will work out best for your family. Choose a time when you can be a total basket case for the two weeks before, and have a clear schedule for the 4-6 weeks afterward where she can be your total focus. Grant was home 10 days after surgery, but it was seriously 3 weeks after that before we started to see a bit of his real personality coming back and another month before I really felt like he was clear. He got less demanding after his 6 week post surgery mark, but especially the first few weeks home, he wasn't sleeping and needed 100% momma time and NO one else would do. I would also keep in mind that her cognitive ability to understand and communicate will be great assets to her recovery. I WISH we had been able to put off surgery much longer so that Grant would be able to understand why he couldn't drink, the need to take meds, etc. If you can put it off so that you feel like she is more ready to handle the emotional toll, DO IT!
Sorry.... that is my novel. Be sure that you discuss her cath and see how early before surgery you can do that. Grant's sats were in the high 60's before his pre Fontan cath which is what made it necessary for him to have surgery right away. After they coiled off his collaterals, his sats rebounded up into the high 70's and he was a lot better. We did his cath 2 months before surgery and it was good for him to go into it feeling good. In any case, we will be watching for updates and praying that you can have calm nerves tomorrow!
Alli
Post a Comment