Anything is possible. You can be told that you have a 90-percent chance or a 50-percent chance or a 1-percent chance, but you have to believe, and you have to FIGHT



Lance Armstrong

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Appt Dec 9

Its that time again. Tomorrow Lib has her sedated echo and appt with Dr Menon.


She has not been herself lately at all. She is grumpy and tired all the time. I have to carry and hold her ALOT, its wearing me out. She is super needy.


Dr Menon actually called me just this morning. I'm still unsure why he called, i think maybe to prepare us for what he is going to say tomorrow. Without me even telling him how she's been acting he said "I think it's time for Fontan. Tomorrow we'll schedule her a cath for January and plan on Fontan in February, is that ok with you?" Um.. what do you say to that. No its not ok!?! I'm teasing, he is always very considerate and compassionate. I love him.


He then asked how she has been and when i told him he said he's not surprised. He said he really feels like it's time.


So.. anxiety starts a day early! This is the worst part of this process. The waiting. I will say 1 positive thing about this, it really makes me appreciate my family during the waiting process. I'm kinder, more tender, more patient and more loving. Its too bad it takes something like this to put things into perspective for me. But i'm sure my family will be glad that i'm a bit more patient!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

My Crazy Life said...

we are getting ready for my daughters second heart surgery. i totally understand you when you say it makes you a little more patient and appreciative. i will keep your daughter in my prayers =)

Angee and Thom said...

We see Cardiology on Monday Dec. 12. I've already been talking to Dr. Su about how Severin is doing. I know Fontan is sooner then later. I just hope he gets to July then he will be 2 years old. Big breath.... Praying for you today.

Allison said...

Wow, I am way behind! Cath in January and Fontan in February?? Yikes! I can understand the stress. Maybe you will luck out and they can coil some collaterals at her cath, give her a boost in O2 sats and energy, and delay a few more months for the Fontan! If you have any questions as you prepare, let me know!

This is Paul Cardell's CHD video. (I put it at the bottom of the blog, it fits best there..) It is shocking how many people, young and old are dealing with the same type of things we are. Take 9 minutes and watch, these are some of the cutest babies i've seen!! Libbi is about 6 and a half minutes into the video. (make sure you scroll down and pause my music playlist so you can hear his music, he is a pianist, it is very pretty!)

Paul Cardell CHD Video